Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Packing Begins

3 more days and the "Galley Girls" will be off to the races and flying high in the air headed to the Latitude: 22° 11'North and Longitude: 113° 33'
East coordinates. China is in the Standard time zone:UTC/GMT +8 hours which means they are exactly 12 hours ahead of Ottawa time! We will be arriving to a Hi: 86F Lo:79F and lots of rain. For further basic information about Macau visit: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=754.

Meanwhile the team has been in heavy thoughts about what times they will get in each heat, while my mind is all about "how many shoes can I fit in one suite case", "I hope theres good shopping", and "I can't wait to get my tan on"! JUST KIDDING, I can't wait to watch these amazing ladies take on the best dragon boat teams in the WORLD.............THE WHOLE FREEKING WORLD.....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??????????? I will be posting every day after the races to update everyone back at home on how well they do. I'm going to try and get photos and video going on here too, so follow along with their journey!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooo looking forward to following your blog...thanks for doing this for all of us who want to cheer the Galley Girls on to
    V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!!!!

    Go Galley Girls Go!!!!

    Paddles UP!
    Cynthia Smith
    Her Arms Hurt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiera- I am printing these off for yor grand-mother as they occur.
    Very best wishes to everyone, I am cheering for the Galley Girls and wishing all a safe and wonderful trip.

    Flora

    ReplyDelete